1. Is IQ Academy registered with the Department of Higher Education?
IQ Academy (Pty) Ltd Company Registration No. 2006/033114/07: is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December 2021 as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997, Registration Certificate No. 2012/HE07/001.
2. When will I receive my study materials?
You will receive your study pack containing all your study materials within 14 – 21 working days after you made your full payment and submitted all required documents
3. I received my study pack, where do I start?
You need to first read the Course Guide/Programme Guide contained in your pack. This guide explains the purpose of your course, the modules in your course, how to approach your studies and where to start. Details on assignments, examinations and the contact details for academic staff and student services are all contained in your guide.
4. Can I attend classes?
IQ Academy offers distance learning courses and programmes. Support is available through IQ Academy’s iCan Student Portal, social media such as Facebook, telephone and email.
5. How do I contact IQ Academy?
You may contact Student Services using any of the methods listed below for:
- Account related information such as outstanding balances, payment dates, proof of payment, payment arrangements, updating of bank details, deregistration and other general enquiries.
- Logistics related information such as the ordering and delivery of course material.
- Administrative related information such as the tracking of assignments, assessment results and Certificate applications
|Contact Methods||Contact Details|
Should you require assistance with your course content and assignment questions please refer to your Course Guide/Programme Guide for the academic team’s contact details.
6. Where do I get my student number and/or contract number?
Your student number and contract number was sent to you via SMS after registration. However, if you did not receive the SMS, you can contact Student Service. Student Services will be able to provide you with your student number and contract number.
|Contact Methods||Contact Details|
Alternatively, you can register on our USSD self-service. Click here [http://www.iqacademy.ac.za/pages/student-services/student-support-services/ussd-info] to find our more.
7. How can I submit my assignments?
Students have the following options for submitting assignments/assessments:
- Posting to IQ Academy:
Private Bag X6
Please note: Using the envelopes supplied, post your assignment/assessment to us. Remember to purchase a postal stamp from the South African Post Office to stick onto the front right corner of the envelope before posting it at your local Post Office.
- Electronic Submissions:
Fax: 086 560 0324
- iCan Submission:
Students already registered on iCan can log onto iCan and upload their documents
8. Is the course available in any other language?
The language of instruction is English. Courseware, assignments and examinations are only available in English. Student must complete assignments and/or examinations in English.
9. What is the difference between a Higher Certificate course and a Short Course?
A higher certificate course are formal qualifications and are registered with South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) and Council on Higher Education (CHE)
A short course is non-credit bearing, meaning it does not lead to a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
10. What would make me a fully registered student?
You will be fully registered if you have made your full payment and submitted all the required documents
11. How can I pay?
You can pay by credit/debit card or via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) via the eStore. Full payment facilities are in place for you to pay online.